Sunday, February 24, 2008

Superfriend


So, this is my first post. How is the experiment going for me you ask? Well, nothing has really happened yet. Why? To tell you the truth, it’s because I haven’t really done anything yet. I haven’t been fully dependent at all. I’ve been living my life just like I have been my whole life. I haven’t really changed at all. Now, I’m not saying this to be negative, I’m just being truthful. I’m not ashamed; I’m telling it like it is. What I’m trying to prove is that this experiment is just like anything else, you only get out of it what you put into it.

This whole experiment of being totally dependent on God is a battle. It’s an epic struggle between your “earthly” life and your “spiritual” life. I really enjoy my “earthly” life. It rocks, it’s worked for me my whole life, why change it? But imagine if I did start relying on God more. What if I involved God in everything I did? For example, I’m trying to score a few points for my “spiritual” life by writing this blog, but while I type I’m listening to some music that doesn’t really set the best Christian example. This is the kind of stuff I’m talking about, I want to be a better Christian, but I don’t want to change.

But I will say this; just taking a little extra time out of your day to live for God makes a big difference. On our Saturday morning meeting I stated that the days that I do pray our prayer and make a little more effort to live for God, I notice a difference in my day. I find myself questioning my actions, when normally I would just indulge in whatever desire I have without thinking twice. It doesn’t take much to get on the right track of improving your relationship with God. Just try to make the effort, it’s worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Superfriend! Thank you so much for your honesty! Even though you're not willing to change your life yet, you said yourself that you want to be a better Christian. God is going to use you in great ways when you decide to let Him. I'll be praying for you, as will everyone else who reads these great points you're making. And you're right - it is worth it to make the effort to improve your relationship with God. Keep making the effort - glad to have you as a part of our team!

Anonymous said...

This was really insightful, man. It really showed a huge amount of honesty on your part, and took some guts to write out. People won't be changed by wishy-washy Christianity. Thanks for being real.

JasonT said...

I'm with augustine and silver lining. It's so good to have you on board. I love that your Father in heaven starts right where you're at and begins to grow you right there. We are not to get it all in order and then turn to Him. We are to turn to Him and allow Him to put things in order. Peter and James, people really close to Jesus, both write the same thing: Humble yourself(accept your total inability to create spiritual value or power) and He will life you up (the God of creation will elevate you to the potential that He created you for). This is just one reason why I am excited to be a Christian - to be daily discovering what it is like to live in the mystery of how God is going to draw out the potential He placed in me. Keep after it Superfriend!

Terry Rush said...

Superfriend,

I cheer you on to like the life you have so much you give it away. What you get rid of comes back to you over and over. What you keep fades.

You like your life now? The only way to keep it is to give it away.

Go for it. He'll catch you!

Proud of you Mr. Superfriend!