Monday, February 25, 2008

Trinity

So, this is my first post. While this experiment is not always easy and makes me get out of my comfort zone, I am really enjoying it. Before starting this experiment I didn't realize how little I think and pray to God on a daily basis. I never even thought about how dependent on God I really am. This experiment is definantly opening my eyes.

I ask God quite often to use me in the situations that I'm put into. When I don't find an opportunity it's usually because I'm not really looking for one. Even though sometimes it can be pretty obvious what God is asking me to do. There are also those times when there are opportunities right in front of me and I'm either not looking for it, or I just choose not to do anything about it.

By doing this experiment I am thinking about Him more and realizing what He needs me to do. Some days are harder then others to remember the prayers that we are supposed to be saying. Those days that I do say the prayer and choose to make it a day for God are really amazing days.

I'm really excited to see what God does with me and everyone else with this experiment. I am very thankful that God has given us this opportunity to be more reliant on him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very happy to see your post & the insight into your totally dependent mindset! Keep allowing God to use you even though none of us like being beckoned out of our comfort zone. He will do great things if we let Him! Luv ya girl & keep depending on Him!

Anonymous said...

Being uncomfortable is our society's cue to leave a situation. I'm glad you have the courage to stand firm in your convictions.

JasonT said...

I wish I had the "power quotes" that augustine has. I'm jealous...in the good way. Trintiy - Powerful stuff. This is the very thing your Father is wanting. He wants to awaken in each of us the passion of a personal relationship with Him. Many who grow up around Christianity confuse their connection with church(something that is meant to bless, challenge, and teach them) with their relationship with God. Church is a critical part of your walk with God, but if that is all that our walk with God is made up of, we really only have a shell of a relationship, externally supported by the faith of others. I love that God is so patient with us that as we take a stand, wobbly or not, He opens our eyes to a totally different reality that enables us to see what is and what can be.(Ephesians 1:18) Great job T.

Zack said...

God bless you as you draw closer to Him! God bless you in your journey!

Terry Rush said...

Way to go Trinity! Way to go. You are coming out from behind the tree and getting ready to wow an awaiting world.

Have a Happy Thursday!

Jenni said...

I'm so impressed with how open you are all being on this blog. It takes a real step of faith to be willing to re-prioritize your life and move God to the top of your list. The world definitely sends a different message, especially to students!